Rules and Regulations
To be eligible, the entry must:
• Be a story about the growing ‘agtech’ industry – the application of new technology in agriculture.
• The story may be the work of more than one journalist.
• Have been broadcast/uploaded via the internet between January 1 and December 31, 2017.
• Be published, broadcast or uploaded in English, or, in the case of other languages, be submitted with a short written summary in English. Translation is available through IFAJ (see below).
• Be a single story. Providing multiple pieces that make up a series is not permitted. In such a situation, select one story from the series to enter.
● For individual submissions, the individual may fill out the current application form online, found on the IFAJ website. Submissions made with any outdated forms will not be accepted.
● For submission on behalf of a guild, a guild representative who is authorized to submit must fill out the current application form online, found on the IFAJ website. Submissions made with any outdated forms will not be accepted.
● If the entry was published in a language other than the English, the entry must be accompanied by the complete translation. If translation into English, is not available, contact the IFAJ Global Office as soon as possible: IFAJ will arrange and pay for translation for a guild’s article/entry and the translated version will be sent back to the entrant for review before it is sent to the judges.
● For audio files that are no more than 8MB, an .mp3 file of the story may be provided with the application.
● For entries that are larger than 8MB, the file must be uploaded to a website in a format that is readily available for playback (such as .mp3 or .wav), and the web link must be provided.
● Entries can be uploaded to a hosting website and the web link can be provided to IFAJ with the contest application
● For broadcast/online entries longer than 10 minutes, please identify a 4-to-10-minute segment you would like the judges to consider as the heart of your entry. This will be the portion that is judged.
● For entries not originally written or broadcast in English, please provide a short written summary in English. If translation into English is not available, contact the IFAJ Global Office as soon as possible: IFAJ will arrange and pay for translation of the article, for the summary and up to 4 minutes of a broadcast entry.
Deadline: February 23 2018