Rules and Regulations
To be eligible, the entry must:
• Be a story of broad agricultural interest.
• The story may be the work of more than one journalist.
• Have been broadcast via radio, web or podcast between January 1 and December 31, 2017.
• Be broadcast in English, or, in the case of other languages, be submitted with a short written summary in English.
• Be a single story. Providing multiple pieces that make up a series is not permitted. In such a situation, select one story from the series to enter.
A guild representative who is authorized to submit on behalf of the guild may fill out the current application form online, found on the IFAJ website. Submissions made with any outdated forms will not be accepted.
The following must also be included for the entry before the deadline;
● For audio files that are no more than 8MB, an .mp3 file of the story may be provided with the application.
● For entries that are larger than 8MB, the file must be uploaded to a website in a format that is readily available for playback (such as .mp3 or .wav), and the web link must be provided.
● Entries can be uploaded to a hosting website by the national guild and the web link can be provided to IFAJ with the contest application.
● For entries longer than 10 minutes, please identify a 4-to-10-minute segment you would like the judges to consider as the heart of your entry. This will be the portion that will be judged.
● For entries not originally broadcast in English, please provide a short written summary in English. If translation into English is not available, contact the IFAJ Global Office as soon as possible: IFAJ will arrange and pay for translation for the summary and up to 4 minutes of a guild’s broadcast entry.
Entry deadline: February 23, 2018